In a highly competitive US access landscape for an ulcerative colitis treatment, a leading global pharmaceutical client needed to understand the product’s potential to maximize its commercial impact. Putnam partnered with the client to support the product’s access goals for launch.
We supported the client on two fronts:
1. Developed a contracting strategy
- Conducted primary market research with key US payers to understand standalone versus portfolio offerings.
- Ran rigorous payer-level financial modeling to understand economic implications of standalone versus portfolio approaches.
2. Developed full suite of go-to-market, payer-facing HEOR materials (included building pharmacoeconomic models and creating value dossiers)
- Conducted systematic literature reviews, synthesized evidence by way of network meta-analysis and used to create cost-effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Also developed a global value dossier (pre- and post-approval).
Delivered a high-quality, comprehensive, and timely solution for the client that addressed all needs. Our contracting strategy recommendations were built to optimize access and financial outcomes for the client. The HEOR materials were prepared for both internal and external launch initiatives.