Putnam PHMR’s client needed a detailed description of multiple myeloma treatment patterns and resource utilization in Japanese patients.
Using the data source of The Medical Data Vision (MDV) database (2008 – 2015), our RWE and
Biostatistics team worked to:
- Describe the MM drug strategies dispensed in 1st line, 2nd line, and 3rd line.
- Estimate the probabilities and the time to treatment-related events (switch, add-on, reduction
- Estimate the healthcare resource uses for the observed treatment pathways.
- Estimate the probabilities and the time to of MM-related complication events (e.g.
hypercalcemia, renal insufficiency, anemia, skeletal lesions).
- Estimate the probabilities and the time to treatment-related adverse events.
With our RWE and Biostatistics team’s findings, we came to the solution of generating a retrospective longitudinal observational cohort study exploring the treatment pattern of patients and related outcomes in patients with multiple myeloma.