Alex Busch, Manager, recently spoke to graduate students at Dartmouth about life sciences strategy consulting as a career option for Ph.D.’s in the sciences, as well as master’s candidates.
As part of the discussion, Alex identified what is unique about life sciences consulting as a career path versus other types of consulting or business-focused alternative careers. Other topics included:
- A day in the life of a consultant
- Traits of successful consultants coming from graduate programs
- A consulting firm’s typical recruiting process
- Building a successful resume and cover letter
- Resources available to learn more about the career path
The discussion also included an introduction to the Path to Putnam program. The program is a 3-day introduction for potential Ph.D. candidates to get a snapshot into the life of a Life Sciences Consultant. In the Path to Putnam program, candidates will gain hands-on experience in the skills required to conduct complex quantitative and qualitative research and commercial analysis. To learn more about this program, contact Emily Fiorito.