Fieldwork Operations Manager
Putnam Associates is a premier strategy consulting firm serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, medical device, and related clients in the healthcare space. For more than 30 years, we have provided objective, high impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping to support clients in crucial business decisions at all stages of the product and franchise life-cycle. Our firm’s exclusive focus on the life sciences industry allows us to quickly deliver superior value for our clients by providing clarity and insight to complex issues. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in helping leading companies in this industry tackle their most pressing strategic challenges.
Putnam Associates is seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to support the execution and management of primary market research fieldwork. The individual in the Fieldwork Operations Manager role will provide direct support to case teams and will focus on improving Putnam’s market research fielding capabilities. The role requires a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and takes a proactive approach to problem solving. This role will operate within Putnam’s growing Insights division, which is tasked with providing support to Putnam consulting teams in all aspects of primary market research.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and manage relationship with third-party market research vendors to ensure Putnam’s roster of fieldwork partners meets current and future research needs
- Work with Putnam Partners / Principals to obtain feasibility and field costs to be used in research proposals
- Work with Putnam finance team to manage and track fieldwork-related financials (g., service agreements, negotiated discounts, budgets, purchase orders, and invoices)
- Manage, grow, and maintain Putnam’s internal recruiting database
- Own, manage, and improve upon Putnam’s honorarium fulfillment process
- Develop and communicate fieldwork best practices via trainings and other internal firm communications
- Provide direct support to case teams via creative problem solving and liaising with fieldwork partners
- Assist in resolving fieldwork-related billing errors/disputes and developing SOPs to avoid billing errors
- Act as a liaison between research participants and Putnam consulting teams, and be responsible for inspiring and mobilizing participants to engage in research activities
Background / Requirements
- 3-5 years of primary market research fieldwork experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Social Sciences preferred
- Comfort working with Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Experience with Qualtrics or other survey programming software is beneficial, but not required
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to develop business insights
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, including year-end bonus and profit-sharing potential
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement and a comprehensive training program
If you would like to join a dynamic organization and are ready for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your application (cover letter and resume) to Brian Sharkey at email@example.com.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments and that this is not a finance opportunity.